From wire & tape to stranded wire - electric fences for best conductivity
Here you will find the right conductor material for each type of electric fence. In our extensive selection you will find everything from pasture fence tape, rope, wire and sturdy wire in different colors, thicknesses and lengths. Compare our conductor material based on resistance (ohm/m), maximum fence length, breaking load and more and find the right conductor for your electric fence.
Which conductor material is the right one?
Basically, you have the choice between plastic conductor materials (tapes, strands, ropes), in which the current-conducting wires are interwoven with plastic-thread, and solid wires made of hard metal, which are particularly suitable for the fixed fence construction. When selecting the correct conductor material, pay attention to the resistance in ohms/m. The smaller the value, the better the material can conduct electricity. Furthermore, the maximum recommended fence length, as well as the breaking load is given for each conductor material. The TriCond material is characterized by a very high conductivity, combined with long durability.
5 expert tips on conductor material
- The lower the resistance in ohms/m, the better the conductivity.
- Always use stainless steel accessories such as connectors, connectors & door handles.
- For very long fences over 10 km we recommend the AKO PremiumLine.
- Fence fence strips with 30 mm are an ideal compromise between visibility and susceptibility to wind.
- Conductor material can be ideally re-tensioned with Litzclips.
Further conductor material Info & Guide