within 30 days*
Effective Rat Control & Mouse Control at Agrarzone
All important information about mouse control & rat control
Mice and rats are the number 1 rodent pests worldwide. In the house and in the agricultural sector, a continuous control of the rodents is essential. The pests harm humans and animals through the destruction of equipment and packaging, the nibbling on of cables, through feces and urine and the transmission of dangerous diseases. They can spread more than 100 infectious diseases through their legacies alone!
At Agrarzone you will find all important information on this page for combating rats and mice:
- Mouse Trap & Rat Trap - Overview of our products
- Rat control - signs of rat infestation & effective extermination
- Mouse control - signs of mouse infestation & effective extermination
- Checklist for effective rat and mouse control
- Combat mice and rats in the stable
1. Mouse Trap & Rat Trap - Overview of our products:
Destroy mice & rats with rat trap, mouse trap & bait station:
Mice & rats can be effectively fought and caught using mouse traps & rat traps from Agrarzone. Depending on the area of application, the pest traps can be divided into the following categories:
- Bait station: Bait stations are suitable for the hidden placement of poison baits. Mice & rats feel protected in the bait stations due to the dark. Bait stations keep poisonous baits away from children and pets. According to the regulations of cross compliance, rodent baits must always be laid out face down.
- Rat Trap & Mouse Trap: Rat Traps & Mouse traps kill mice and rats effectively. The mouse or rat is attracted by a bait placed on the trigger of the trap. As soon as the mouse or rat starts to eat the bait, the trigger is pressed down and the rodent is effectively killed by the mechanism of the preset striker. The rodent traps are extremely stable and have a power that is harmless for pets and children.
- Live trap: There are different variations of live traps. Common traps are common with an integrated trap door where the bait is attached to the bait hook. Trying to get the rat or mouse to the bait triggers the trap and it closes. Live traps, where animals are lured into a wire cage with bait, are also very effective. The entrance is large enough for the animal to fall into the trap, but too small for it to escape from again.
- Ultrasound trap: Ultrasound traps effectively keep rats & mice away in indoor areas such as houses, stables, offices or storage rooms. The ultrasound frequency is very unpleasant for mice and rats, it is harmless for humans and animals.
Mouse Trap Overview
Mice bait station:
Mouse live trap:
Overview of rat traps:
Rat bait station:
- Bait station BlocBox metal
- Bait station BlocBox plastic Bora
- Bait station BlocBox plastic Beta
- Bait station BlocBox plastic Alpha
Rat live trap:
- Multi Catch Rat Trap Alive MultiRat
- Wire Cage Rat Trap Alive
- Foldable Box Trap
- Box Trap Alive Predator Super
- Box Trap Alive Predator Flex
- Box Trap Alive Predator Ecoflex
- Cage Trap Alive Predator Foldable
Ultrasonic mouse trap & rat trap:
2. Effective rat control with rat trap, rat poison, rat bait etc.
Effectively destroy rats - what you should know about rats
Rats are not loners, rats live in packs of 20 to 90 animals! If you have found a rat, this usually indicates a larger rat infestation. A fully grown rat consumes about 25 to 50 g of dry feed per day. Important when it comes to combating rodents: rats are very suspicious of changes in their environment and territory in relation to the curious house mouse. They are short-sighted, color-blind and can climb, swim and even dive well. The smell, hearing and tactile sense of rats is highly developed. Long distances can be covered between their rodent structure and feed source. Rats are omnivores, with smaller animals also being eaten and cannibalism observed when food is lacking. Rats like to eat waste and also require large amounts of water.
Signs of rat infestation
You can recognize a rat infestation by this:
- Food and rodent traces on food that rats cannot drag off
- Traces of grinding of the rat tail in the earth or in the dust
- The seal of the rat in dust or in the ground (rats have 4 toes on the forefoot and 5 toes on the rear foot)
- Sausage-shaped rat droppings as a trace or in piles
- Other traces, like smear marks on walls
Control rats effectively
For a successful rat defense, you should first find out where the rats come from. The most common causes of rat infestation are:
- Broken windows
- Exposed waste remains in the area
- Non-closing or open cellar doors
- Open cleaning manhole cover
- Rat holes
In the case of rat infestation, rat traps with rat bait are placed in the common environments in which the rats are located and out of the reach of children and animals. The rat bait should be "protected" - this means that the poison bait with like cover boards or bricks or attach them in a special bait station. Rats feel protected there and other animals have no access to the poison bait. If you do not want to kill rats, it is recommended to use live traps or to drive rats away with effective ultrasound rat traps.
Rats are smart - in every rat pack the lower-ranking "pre-taster" has the task of trying out the new feeding station. Therefore, you should lay out rat bait in several different places and change the places continuously. The human smell is avoided by rats, so handling rat poison bait and traps should only ever be done with gloves. It is also important to remove the dead rats, as they will warn their fellow species. The acceptance of the rat bait is checked at intervals of 6 to 14 days, with missing rat baits being regularly added. If the rats no longer accept bait, then the rat control has been successful!
You need this to know when fighting rats: The rats should always be wiped out over a large area, as rat-free areas will otherwise be colonized by rats again within a short time due to rodent control. Rats usually eat their fill at one bait point, which is why it should always be filled.
Our checklist below will help you successfully remove rats!
3. Mouse control with mouse trap, mouse poison, mouse bait etc.
Mouse plague? You should know that about the rodents
The house mouse normally lives in buildings in a small living space of only 3 m to 6 m in a so-called "family group". In the small habitat, however, they multiply very quickly and can become a real mouse infestation. They are particularly good at climbing and hiding and are extremely curious about changes in their environment. For the right bait with a mouse trap and mouse poison it is important to know that the mouse only consumes approx. 3-4 g of food per day and that from different stations.
Signs of a mouse infestation
This shows you a plague of mice:
- Mouse droppings in the house, stable, apartment or in the basement
- Dead or live animals indicate a massive plague of mice
- Biting smell
- Scratching and scratching noises in walls and ceilings
- Traces of feeding and rodents on food
- Traces of rodent pests
- Smear marks from using the same paths
Control mice effectively
Mice have a different feeding behavior compared to rats. Mice do not eat their fill at one place, rather they take their food from several different places. If the mouse defense is successful, a larger number of mouse baits and mouse traps should always be used. In case of infestation, mouse traps with mouse poison are designed in the common environments in which the mice are located and out of the reach of children and pets. The acceptance of the mouse bait is checked regularly, and missing baits are added. If the mice no longer accept bait, then the mouse control has been successful. If you do not want to kill mice, it is recommended to use Mouse live traps or to drive away mice with effective ultrasound mouse traps.
Our checklist below will help you to successfully remove mice!
4. Checklist for effective rat and mouse control
Finally free of mice and rats in 5 steps!
1. Analyze infestation
- Mouse and rat droppings
- Traces in feed sources (lines in the grain by trailing tail)
- Eaten foods, wooden boxes, insulating material etc.
- Search hiding place or nesting sites
2. Correct building defects
- Cleaning up so-called "lumber rooms"
- Seal holes, joints and gaps well
- Dense manhole cover or with a close-meshed grid
- Attach a mesh with a mesh width of less than 17 mm
- Cables in open cups - do not lay in shafts
- Seal wall openings for cables and wires well
- Rodent protection with insulating material
- Remove leftovers
- Keep waste closed if possible
3. Create a control plan
4. Lay out effective mouse poison & rat poison
- Put on gloves, otherwise mice and rats will perceive the human smell
- Lay out unreachable for children & other animals
- Use suitable bait boxes
- Ongoing documentation: when, where, what
5. Remove baits & dead rats and mice
5. Combat mice and rats in the stable
Rats and mice are dangerous transmitters of diseases and epidemics (like swine or avian influenza) in animal stables, which are excreted on humans and animals by food contaminated with faeces. They can spread more than 100 infectious diseases through their legacies alone! The gnawing of cables and wires often leads to a fire due to a short circuit.
Cleanliness against rats & mice in the animal stable
The most effective remedy for rats and mice is cleanliness and order in the stable. Mice and rats show little interest in colonization when the horse stable, pigsty or cattle stable is clean. In a neat and clean animal stable, rodents have no place to build their nest and to raise the young animals in peace. It is very important that you regularly check stored hay, the insulation in the stable and the storage of the feed. Eaten pieces of paper, spherical fillings of shavings at hay and large damp places in the animal stable indicate a mouse or rat infestation in the stable long before contamination by faeces.
If the stable is already populated by rats and mice, our checklist plan will help you to effectively combat the rodents. At Agrarzone you will find a large selection of effective rat traps & mouse traps with which you can successfully fight mice and rats in the stable.
Your advantages at Agrarzone
Free returns: This applies to all package deliveries that are returned within 30 days. You can also return freight forwarding goods within 30 days. However, the cost of returning the goods by forwarding company have to be paid by the customer.
No risk thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee: If your purchased product is not right for you, you can return the item to us within 30 days of delivery without giving any reason. We will then refund the full purchase price.