within 30 days*
Buy lashing strap and tension belt for securing loads
Flexible and indispensable: When transporting larger objects by truck or car, lashing straps and tension belts are essential to secure the load on trailers and in vans.
Tension belts are indispensable companions not only for climbers: Tension belts and lashing straps ensure a secure hold when driving large objects by car or truck.
With the huge selection of tension belts and lashing straps, it is not always easy to keep an overview. The lashing strap model is not always suitable for securing items in the trailer. There are one and two-part lashing straps, tension belts with ratchet and expanders - But which model is suitable for which purpose?
On this page you will find a practical overview of the various tension belts and securing methods with which you can securely attach your load to a motor vehicle or trailer.
Why should I use a tension belt?
1. Safety: We all know it from driving: If the brakes are applied abruptly on the road, the potential turns into kinetic energy and loose objects in the trunk or in the trailer fly forward. This can be particularly dangerous for heavier and larger goods, since they absorb more energy. To protect yourself and your fellow human beings while driving, you can securely fix the load with a tension belt. Thanks to a tension belt, a wide variety of goods can be safely maneuvered from A to B without tipping or sliding. A tension belt effectively prevents enormous damage to objects and injuries to people.
2. Versatile application: When used correctly, a tension belt and lashing strap is a practical tool for everyday use with an apparently infinite range of possible uses.
3. Time saving: Tension belts and lashing straps were developed for the use of load securing and can therefore be operated very easily and quickly. Instead of a time-consuming construction with various straps, ropes and knots, you save yourself an enormous amount of work and valuable life time with a tension belt and practical fastening Options.
Select the appropriate tension belt for securing loads
When choosing the right tension belt and lashing strap, you should consider which items to be transported and what size and weight they have. The lashing strap must therefore be strong and long enough to be able to adequately secure the transported goods while driving.
An extraordinarily high quality and stable processing of the tension belt is a decisive factor for successful load securing and a safe car ride. In the worst case, cheap material or poor processing of the lashing strap can lead to immense car damage and injuries.
At Agrarzone you will find, without exception, high-quality tension belts, automatic tension belts, lashing straps, ratchet lashing straps and expanders of outstanding quality. So there is nothing standing in the way of safe loading of your vehicle or trailer.
When choosing the right lashing strap, the following factors must be taken into account:
- Weight of the transport items
- Type of packaging / carton
- Material pairing: The friction between the loading surface and the load carrier
- Specifications of the vehicle, e.g. permissible total weight, load of the lashing points or the load distribution of the vehicle or trailer
- The selected securing method (lashing down or direct lashing)
Note: Before securing the load and using tension belts and lashing straps, people who have sufficient experience in the area of load securing should be on hand.
You have to pay attention to this when buying a lashing strap:
According to the applicable European standard DIN 12 195-2, lashing straps and tension belts made of man-made fibers must have a label that provides at least information about the following:
- the norm that corresponds to the belt
- the material (also recognizable by the color of the label: blue - polyester (PES), brown - polypropylene (PP), green - polyamide (PA), white - other materials)
- the manufacturer
- the length
- the date of manufacture
- the Lashing Capacity (LC): The LC is the lashing force of the tension belt itself and indicates the maximum load capacity of the tension belt in a straight pull.
- the normal hand force (Standard Hand Force or SHF): The normal hand force is the force that must be used to tighten the ratchet.
- the nominal Tension Force (STF) indicates how powerful the ratchet is.
What tension belts and lashing straps are there? Overview of all tension belts
Depending on the intended use, there are different tension belt models that ensure a secure hold while driving. Lashing straps usually consist of a woven webbing made of chemical fiber. They are usually offered with a ratchet, in one or two parts and in different lengths and widths. The straps are usually equipped with a snap hook for easy attachment.
Lashing straps can basically be divided into the following categories:
Automatic tension belt: With a practical automatic tension belt, step-by-step retraction and retraction of the strap works automatically and very easily. Thanks to the integrated rolling mechanism, through which the load can be easily fixed, the lashing strap can be pulled in and out in individual stages and thus precisely adapted to the goods being transported.
One-piece lashing strap: A one-piece lashing strap consists of a strap with ratchet and has no hook. One-piece belts can be manufactured with various fittings such as ratchets, clamp locks or special end fittings for various purposes. They are well suited for bundling materials such as Load securing on the car roof, furniture transport in the truck, lashing luggage or furniture.
Two-part lashing strap: A two-part lashing strap consists of a webbing, tensioning element (ratchet) and connecting element (hook) and guarantees safe handling. The color of the tension belt is not decisive for the pretension, but the color of the label describes which material the belt is made of (like blue = polyester).
Lashing strap with clamp lock: Lashing straps with clamp lock can also be used. These lashing straps are mainly used for securing light objects and strapping loads.
Lashing strap with hook: Lashing straps with a hook are suitable for securing light loads such as in private use in the car.
- Lashing straps: Lashing straps secure goods by lashing just like tensioning straps or lashing straps and thus prevent them from slipping off the car or trailer. Lashing tapes are particularly inexpensive for one-time use and are often used to secure containers and freight.
Types of lashing: direct lashing and lashing down
Lashing down: The load is free on the loading area and is pressed onto the loading area by lashing down. This increases the frictional force and prevents the load from slipping. In order to increase safety even more, anti-slip mats are often used.
Direct lashing: The most popular methods of direct lashing are diagonal lashing and head lashing. In the case of direct lashing, the object is simply tensioned by hand and held in position by means of tension belts. The force is generated by direct lashing due to the movement of the material being conveyed.
When do I have to replace a tension belt & lashing strap?
Tension belts and lashing straps have no expiry date and are only ready to be discarded if they show the following signs of wear:
- Yarn breaks or cuts visible to the eye of more than 10% of the belt width
- Broken seams & deformations on the tension belt
- Damage from contact with aggressive chemicals
- Missing or illegible label
Ratchet and connector
- Cracks and breaks
- Strong signs of corrosion
- Widening of the hook jaw by more than 5%
Tension belts and lashing straps can easily be damaged by sharp-edged loads. Therefore, use an edge protector when securing edged goods. This protects the load and the forces transmitted into the belt are better conducted.
Your advantages in the Agrarzone-Shop
Free returns: This applies to all package deliveries that are returned within 30 days. You can also return freight forwarding goods within 30 days. However, the cost of returning the goods by forwarding company have to be paid by the customer.
No risk thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee: If your purchased poultry product is not right for you, you can return the item to us within 30 days of delivery without giving a reason. We will then refund the full purchase price.
All products meet the legal safety standards: All our agricultural equipment has been tested by law. All electrifiable products such as pasture fences or pasture nets are harmless to humans and animals. This is guaranteed by compliance with the legal safety standards.